Our Chiropractic care restores function, enhances mobility, and helps support your nervous system.
Curis is committed to providing its patients lasting relief from a variety of health disorders. One of the many ailments we treat on a regular basis at Curis is TMJD. Our doctors are the leaders in TMJD treatment in the chiropractic community for Dallas/Fort Worth.
TMJD (Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction) is a collective term for a broad range of disorders displaying a variety of signs including:
– Radiating pain in the face, neck, or shoulders
– Limited movement or locking of the jaw
– Painful clicking or grating when opening or closing the mouth
– Significant change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together
– Symptoms can also include headaches, earaches, dizziness, hearing problems, and difficulty swallowing
– Chiropractic treatment of TMJD can alleviate symptoms by correcting misalignments in the spine and repositioning the jaw. Therapeutic exercises and improving posture also help to improve tracking and movement.
The Journal of Oral Rehabilitation recommends examination of the cervical spine in TMJD patients, even without cervical complaints. These findings are supported by the Journal of Cranio and Clinical Oral Investigation as well. At Curis, we are trained to examine your neck and jaw to determine the best course of co-managed care with your oral health physician.
With proper care and treatment of spinal disorders, TMJD patients can achieve pain relief and correction. Treatments at Curis enable the body to respond to dental changes so that care received from your oral health physician has greater and lasting results.