Photo Credit: @shuangys_kitchensink
Recipe by Kelly Massey
- 4 – 4.5 lbs. short ribs cut into short pieces
- 2 –3 chopped medium carrots
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- ¼ yellow chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger minced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 –3 tbsp organic olive oil
- 1.5 – 2 cups beef bone broth
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Chop all veggies. Place chopped carrots on the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a big skillet. Pat the ribs dry and sear them until browned on all sides. Season with sea salt and pepper. Each side should take 2-3 minutes, then transfer ribs to the slow cooker once done.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce. Add minced garlic, chopped onion, ginger, and red pepper flakes on top of the short ribs, then pour sauce mixture over the ribs.
- Add beef bone broth and slow cook for 7-8 hours on low or until the beef is falling off the bone. When there is 30 minutes left, scoop out a cup of the broth into a small mixing bowl, mix it with arrowroot flour and pour it back into the pot. The sauce should thicken slightly after 20-30 minutes. (add additional 1 tbsp arrowroot flour if the sauce is too liquid for your liking).
- Serve over cooked cauliflower rice and garnish with green onion or fresh chopped cilantro.