Sports and other physical activities come with an inherent risk of injury. Sometimes, injuries occur due to an unforeseeable event. These types of scenarios are challenging to avoid unless you can see into the future, of course. On the other hand, there are predisposing factors that can make you more susceptible to injuries. Some of these factors include:
- Untreated pain/previous injury
- Misaligned joints
- Tight muscles
- Poor posture
- Improper recovery
- Excess Inflammation
- Imbalance in hydration/nutrition
- Stress/Emotional tension
How Can You Prevent Injuries?
Addressing the factors above is a great start. Taking action now may help you avoid future injuries, relieve pain, and keep yourself healthy! Chiropractic care is a great way to reduce the risk of injury and treat preexisting ailments. There are various treatment methods chiropractic doctors may use to achieve this.
- Chiropractic Adjustments help restore alignment to the spine and other joints of the body, increase range of motion, reduce pain, and, most importantly, establish better brain-body communication.
- Myofascial therapy is a great way to release tightness and tension in muscles.
- Corrective Exercises help overcome muscular or postural imbalances.
The stress/emotional tension you may have and the foods you consume are significant to the body’s ability to heal and recover. Though overlooked, individuals cannot forget these factors. At Curis, we also offer mental health counseling and nutritional services.
Almost all professional sports organizations, including the Olympics, utilize chiropractic care for their athletes.