Becky is a Licensed Professional Counselor Associate, supervised by Jennifer Bradt, MS, LPC-S, NCC. She received her Master’s in counseling from Southern Methodist University and her Bachelor’s degrees in Neuroscience and Psychology from the University of Texas at Dallas. She has a background in studying medicine and research and has worked in various clinical settings within the medical field. Originally wanting to pursue a career in medicine, Becky strongly believes in the balance of physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual health, leading to a more fulfilling life.
As an undergraduate student, Becky completed her internship as a student research coordinator at UT Southwestern Psychoneuroendocrine Research Group and worked as a research assistant in the UT Southwestern Psychosocial Research and Depression Clinic as a Master’s student. From there, she realized her passion was to work alongside individuals in their pursuit of emotional and psychological health and healing through Counseling.
While working towards her Master’s degree in Counseling, she pursued both the LMFT and LPC tracks. She also completed the training track to specialize in Child and Adolescent Play and Activity Therapy. Becky’s clinical internship was at the SMU Center for Family Counseling, where she led Child Parent Relationship Training and Student Mindfulness Groups. During her time at SMU, Becky enjoyed serving on the board of multiple student organizations, including Vice President of the SMU Play Therapy Association and Secretary for the SMU Association for Student Counselors. While serving in these various roles, she received the honor of being chosen by the faculty as the Outstanding Student in Service award. She is currently a member of the Texas Play Therapy Association, American Counseling Association, and Association for Play Therapy. She plans to pursue certification as Registered Play Therapist. Most recently, she completed training and is a certified Sandtray Therapy Associate through the Institute for Play Therapy.
Becky, who was born and raised in Texas, has lived in the Dallas-Fort Worth area for the last 17 years with her husband. They have two young children who she loves exploring and learning at local museums, farms, and play areas with friends around DFW. She and her family are very active in their church and has enjoyed serving on the preschool ministry team for the last 5 years. During her free time, she loves cooking, reading, and traveling with her family. Becky works with children, teens, and adults seeking emotional and psychological health and healing through a collaborative approach. She aims to provide a compassionate, warm, safe, and open space for clients of all ages.
Becky brings her training in person-centered child play therapy, child-parent relationship, mindfulness, Sandtray therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and EMDR Therapy together to work with clients as they navigate, process, and cope with attachment trauma, grief, and major life transitions.
- Southern Methodist University, Masters in Science in Counseling
- University of Texas at Dallas, Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience
- University of Texas at Dallas, Bachelor of Art in Psychology
- EMDR Trained
- Certified Sandtray Therapist Training, Institute for Play Therapy, 2021
- Summer Institute, Center for Play Therapy 2020, 2021
- The Siegel-Gottman Summit, Seattle, WA The Neuroscience of Relationships, Pieter Rossouw, PhD.
- Brain Research: What It Means for Counselors, Pieter Rossouw, PhD.
- Reprogramming the Brain to Health, Center for Brain Health
- Play Therapy, CPRT/Filial Therapy, SMU
- Family Play Therapy, SMU
- Family Domestic Violence, SMU
- Interpersonal Neurobiology Dan Siegel’s Mindsight Institute Program (currently in training)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinical Specialist (ASDCS) International Board of Credentialing and Continuing
- Education Standards (currently in training)
- Texas Play Therapy Association
- American Counseling Association
- Association for Play Therapy